The Hope For Harvest Youth Center provides services and programming designed to uplift, inspire and empower under-served and housing-insecure youth in and around the Charlotte community. Our organization equips young people with knowledge, resources, and experiences in order to explore personal and professional interests, set goals, and break the cycle of generational poverty.
Hope For Harvest seeks a dynamic, self-starter to assist marketing and communications efforts. This internship is an excellent opportunity to experience various aspects of marketing while working for a community based nonprofit organization.
- Update and maintain HFH’s social media presence, including scheduling Facebook updates
- Assist in planning, writing and managing eNewsletter
- Designing flyers, graphics, e-vites and other marketing material for major events hosted by HFH
- Organize and attend monthly marketing committee meeting including preparing agenda and taking minutes
- Reach out to the community organizations, general public and donors with the message about Hope For Harvest’s mission
- Collaborating with staff on new ideas, directions, and venues for marketing and communications
- Firm grasp of available tools and platforms in the social media space
- Completed or working toward a college degree, preferably in a related field (e.g., English,
- Marketing/Communications, or Public Relations)
- Previous internship or related experience in marketing or communications is a plus
- Must be computer literate (working knowledge of word processing, PowerPoint, Excel). Proficiency in Adobe
- An effective communicator, both written and oral
- InDesign and Photoshop highly desired. Knowledge of HTML and graphic design a plus
- Ability to communicate in a professional manner with press and community contacts
- Self-motivated, good organizational skills, detail-oriented, ability to prioritize, multi-task and meet deadlines
- Enthusiasm for the mission of Hope For Harvest and the families we serve
Start Date: Position open until filled, requires 3 – 6 month commitment.
Hours: 8 – 12 hours/week, can be remote or on-site
Compensation: This is an Unpaid internship (must be able to receive college credit)
To Apply: Please send cover letter and resume to Lbrooks@hopeforharvest.org.
Summer Day Camp Counselor
Under the direction of the Camp Director, our camp counselor will help facilitate, instruction and operation of Hope For Harvest’s annual summer camp program. Camp Counselors are responsible for the overall supervision of campers with the aim of providing a healthy, safe and enjoyable camp environment and experience. A good Camp Counselor often has strong leadership and is creative in planning and implementing programs and activities for campers.
- Plan and oversee camper activities
- Ensure camper safety and monitor their activities
- Supervise campers during meals
- Instruct campers in daily routines and cleanup tasks
- Follow safety and emergency procedures and guidelines
- Work one-on-one with campers
- Instruct and organize camper projects (arts and crafts, dramatics, etc.)
- May perform administrative tasks (filing, record keeping, etc.) as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- High school degree or equivalent; Associate’s degree, or two (2) years or more of full-time college coursework equivalent preferred
- First aid and CPR training and certification preferred
- Previous experience as a counselor-in-training, teacher, childcare, or related field
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently
- Encouraging to campers and patient when instructing
- Ability to serve as a positive role model and mentor
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Comfortable in a team-player role
- Creative and innovative thinker and planner
- Computer skills, Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel)
- Strict adherence to camp philosophy, standards, and goals
Dates of Employment: Monday, June 20, 2022 – Saturday, August, 6, 2022
Compensation: This is a full-time, seasonal, non-exempt position with starting pay at $15/hr.
Work Location and hours
The primary work location will include 1800 Brewton Drive at the Hope For Harvest Youth. Expected hours will be between Monday – Friday from 9:00am – 5:30pm with a 30-minute break.
To Apply: Please click here and follow instructions.