Hope for Harvest’s (HFH) mission is to assist, encourage and educate the underserved and homeless youth throughout the Charlotte community. Driven by her late mother’s philanthropic efforts and passion for the helping underserved youth, Catherine Brewton officially founded Hope For Harvest in 2016. Hope For Harvest uses cultural influences and charitable resources to provide essential living items and services for Charlotte’s underserved youth, while providing an escape through music, dance and life development programs. Our recently re-dedicated youth center, the Barbara Brewton Hope For Harvest Youth Center, provides free services including after-school programs, tutorial services, nutritional guidance and performing arts programs for the youth in the community.
Hope For Harvest seeks a dynamic, self-starter to assist marketing and communications efforts. This internship is an excellent opportunity to experience various aspects of marketing while working for a community based nonprofit organization.
- Update and maintain HFH’s social media presence, including scheduling Facebook updates
- Assist in planning, writing and managing eNewsletter
- Designing flyers, graphics, e-vites and other marketing material for major events hosted by HFH
- Organize and attend monthly marketing committee meeting including preparing agenda and taking minutes
- Reach out to the community organizations, general public and donors with the message about Hope For Harvest’s mission
- Collaborating with staff on new ideas, directions, and venues for marketing and communications
- Firm grasp of available tools and platforms in the social media space
- Completed or working toward a college degree, preferably in a related field (e.g., English,
- Marketing/Communications, or Public Relations)
- Previous internship or related experience in marketing or communications is a plus
- Must be computer literate (working knowledge of word processing, PowerPoint, Excel). Proficiency in Adobe
- An effective communicator, both written and oral
- InDesign and Photoshop highly desired. Knowledge of HTML and graphic design a plus
- Ability to communicate in a professional manner with press and community contacts
- Self-motivated, good organizational skills, detail-oriented, ability to prioritize, multi-task and meet deadlines
- Enthusiasm for the mission of Hope For Harvest and the families we serve
Start Date: Position open until filled, requires 3 – 6 month commitment.
Hours: 8 – 12 hours/week, can be remote or on-site
Compensation: This is an Unpaid internship (must be able to receive college credit)
To Apply: Please send cover letter and resume to Lbrooks@hopeforharvest.org.